We welcome volunteers as an essential piece of the work done at Jackson Street. Our volunteers share their skills and provide new experiences and opportunities for youth to grow through activities and classes — anything from nutrition education and cooking meals, to repairing bikes and doing maintenance work, to yoga classes, Rec nights, and gardening. Volunteers are vital to our Street Outreach program and they are on-site and personal tutors. Our volunteer mentors go above and beyond to support a youth needing a stable adult role-model.
You can become a volunteer too!
- Download and fill-out a Volunteer Application
- Meet for a background check (required) and initial interview; meeting locations in both Benton and Linn counties are available.
- Complete the Volunteer Orientation training (via email or in person)
- A second meeting includes signing confidentiality paperwork and being given a house tour
- Connect with the program staff in your interest area to arrange scheduling and for additional training as needed
If you are interested in becoming a part of the on-going work at Jackson Street, submit your completed Volunteer Application to Aaron Kratzer, Volunteer Coordinator. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , sent in the mail, or brought to the initial interview.
Many groups reach out throughout the year to support Jackson Street through a service project. Thanks for remembering us and the youth we serve by offering your time! We aim to accommodate as many requests as possible, given our staff capacity and confidential sites. Please complete the fillable Service Project Application and return to Volunteer Coordinator, Aaron Kratzer.